Electroweak

[A symplectic tensor on 2n dimensional pie space]

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Diversions

Today I showed my aunt and uncle the paltry 'downtown' that Vasteras has to offer (I speak only partially in jest), ate a marvelous sandwich and moved onto the final book in the fantasy saga I am currently involved in.

My mother has just reminded me that I used to, as a child, clamber up open doorways. I'd stand in the doorframe, place both my arms on the often-rough wood of the frame, jump and - before landing) - spread my legs so that my feet too would gain traction on the sides of the frame. I would then proceed to raise myself, shuffling one limb at a time, until I was at the top of the frame. Stranger still, I have a vague memory of doing this.

That is bleeding awesome. I need to go try this.

....Nope, doesn't work. Can't even spread my arms. Damn this size thing.


In other news, I now know how to show that the Gauss Map of a compact connected oriented n-surface in R(n+1) is surjective. Go me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home