Electroweak

[A symplectic tensor on 2n dimensional pie space]

Monday, May 29, 2006

Home Sweet Blog

Let me explain.

Fatman was complaining, once again, that he wanted a page on which people could find, download and read his fiction...and then leave him comments, in the hope of building some kind of "constructive criticism" witches circle. Half of his wants had been fulfilled by the somewhat awesome GooglePages...but a commenting facility still eluded him. I suggested a Blog (home crowd cheers), to be used in combination with his GooglePage - host stories on the latter, and link to one story per post on the former. The conversation went something like this:

Me: So, that way you can host your stories on a pretty cool website (courtesy GooglePages) and STILL provide a place for comments (courtesy Blogger) without doing some fancy serverside PHP and whatnot needed for a forum.
Me: What say you?
Him: D'uh. What's a Blog?
*Censored for violence*

So, after a quick primer on weblogs (thank you, Glock), I bade him go sign up on blogger.com, create a blog and add me as an admin to help out and do his design. We shall skim over the part where he created an account, couldn't create a blog, and gave me his username and password...except he'd forgotten the password in a space of twenty minutes...anyway, skimming over that: I ended up creating said blog and invited the man to join (we shall ALSO skim over the part where Zacko-boy asked, "what do I do with this invite?" That's right. Skim over). After some hassle, Zack's Blog was actually up.

[And now he has me designing for him. Poor bastard.]

At any rate, he wanted to use, for a banner, an image he'd ripped off some band's website. It was over a black background, and hence I was forced - against my will - to seek out a black layout (I'm not yet uber enough to create my own). Couldn't find an acceptable one, so I modded a blue substitute. Need some help on the colours, by the way. Head on over and suggest.

Well, it's now dark. Which, in Sweden, means it's rather late and about to get lighter really really fast. Hence, I am going to bed (to read, that is).

Toodles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home