Electroweak

[A symplectic tensor on 2n dimensional pie space]

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Soothingly Surreal Sounds

Goddammit, Rohini, I don't think you know of this blog, but I've got to hunt you down and tell you - because you absolutely need to hear this story.

I was performing my usual China Mieville rant when, not unsurprisingly, the subject of Robert Jordan arose. It seems a low opinion of the man is not uncommon. Sheepishly, I confessed to holding some residual fondness for the man; at least, for the first six or so books. The tale I was then given went as follows: apparently, this girl went to Jordan's book signing and stood around in the line for what must have been a significant period of time (the man does have a following). When clouds parted sufficiently to let this little ray of bitterness through to the man himself, she delivered a scathing blow. To quote:

"(I) told him to stop describing female clothing at such length. He was not amused."

For the record, that's awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home